Scissortail Children's School is different. Our school is unique in its mission to provide a new destination for young children, rising above societal norms for education and creating a collaborative learning community where relationships can develop and thrive. Exploration is encouraged, and higher-order learning processes are developed and sustained. We believe that experiences early in a child's life have a substantial impact on their disposition towards learning. We believe that a respectful, holistic approach to childhood will provide children opportunities to learn much more than rote skills and procedural routines. We advocate for high-quality early learning experiences so that children can achieve their full, individual potential.
Scissortail at a Glance
- School year runs from August to May
- Summer camp programs are offered June and July
- Early arrival begins at 7:30am
- School is from 8:30-3:00
- Late care begins at 4:00 and ends at 5:30
- Infants, Toddler, & Children 6 weeks to 6 years of age
- Multi-age grouping in classrooms
- Classrooms do not exceed 17 children
- Each classroom has a 1:8 teacher/student ratio
- Each classroom has a certified teacher and an expert assistant
- Breakfast, lunch and snack provided (organic and/or locally grown when possible)
- A limited number of 2-day and 3-day-a-week schedules are available. Please indicate your preferences on the enrollment application.
The classroom environment at Scissortail Children's School is unique compared to more traditional programs. Classrooms facilitate the development of critical thinking and problems through beautiful, engaging spaces and intentional activities. Mathematical and language literacy experiences are embedded through daily activities. Children choose their own work from their interests and abilities. Opportunities for exploration, creativity and innovation allow children to bring their individual imaginations and experiences to life. Learning is reinforced internally within an environment that encourages self-discipline and confidence.